This dish is so comforting and easy to make. Even better if you can slow cook in a dutch oven for an hour or two (or more).
- 1 package Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 can Northern White Beans
- 1/2 large Sweet Onion, diced
- 1/2 Roasted Red Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Fresh parsely
- Fresh Rosemary tied, then removed after cooking
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast or some finely shredded Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Using a dutch oven, turn the heat to medium-high.
- Once the dutch oven is hot, add olive oil or comparable oil. Add the diced sweet onion and turn heat down to medium and cook until almost transparent. Add salt during the cooking process.
- While the onions are cooking, drain one can of Northern White Beans and rinse.
- After onions are almost cooked, add diced garlic and diced roasted red pepper. Add salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- After the vegetables are mostly cooked, add the white beans and half the chopped parsley. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Finish with the rest of the fresh parsely and arugula and squeeze 1/2 of lemon over dish. The beans go great with a side of garlic bread!